NO SCHOOL - DECEMBER 23, 2019 - JANUARY 3, 2020 CHRISTMAS BREAK.
ATTENTION PARENTS OF 4-YEAR OLDS
Want to give your 4-year-old a head start to Kindergarten? Register and apply for UPSTART! Davis School District has partnered with Waterford UPSTART to provide this FREE online program. Research shows students taking part in UPSTART (15 minutes each day) grow 2-3 times faster than their kindergarten peers academically. You can complete registration online at www.waterfordupstart.org or by phone 800.669.4533. Don’t pass up this opportunity. Do it today! A limited number of devices are available on a check out basis to support this program.
Breakfast and Lunch Programs
Nutrition services provides breakfast every Monday through friday from 8:15-8:40 am in the multi-purpose room. Students are to enter the multi-purpose room through the playground door. Lunch will cost $1.85 and breakfast $1.35. Payments can be made with a credit card online or by check (in an envelope with the student and teachers' name) to our lunchroom clerk. Free and reduced lunch applications must be submitted online through my.dsd (on the district website).
my DSD set-up
1. Open your Web Browser
2. Go to www.davis.k12.ut.us
3. Click on the my.DSD link routing you to the new my.DSD page
4. Click on Request a New Account
5. You will need your student's ID and PIN number call Tolman Elementary
Tolman Elementary is divided into four different "houses". These four groups meet together once a month to have different activities.
The “Houses” are:
1. Black – Altruismo: unselfish regard for or devotion to the welfare of others
2. Red – Amistade: Spanish, meaning friendship
3. Green – Isibindi: Zulu, it’s first meaning is ‘courage’ or ‘boldness’
4. Blue – Reveur: French, meaning dreamer
We are having “House” activities once a month. These activities are fun and teach a social skill. Ask your child about their “House” and the fun activities.
Please encourage your students to wear their "house shirt" on the Second Friday of each month! If they don't have a "house shirt", they can wear their "house" color.